Q4 will be here before you know it, but some bigger names are getting in on the action this week, including a Country star and a legendary chanteuse. Here’s what albums and singles are in stores for the week of September 16:
- Coming off a top-selling duet with wife Faith Hill in “Meanwhile Back At Mama’s” and gliding up the Country chart once again with “Shotgun Rider”, Tim McGraw has quite the momentum going into the release week for Sundown Heaven Town, his second studio album for Big Machine Records. I’d like to think that McGraw has a decent chance of picking up his fifth #1 album on the Billboard 200. We shall see next week. (iTunes)
- Delayed several times over the last year or so and making its way into stores today is the sixth album by R&B singer Chris Brown, simply titled X. Singles like “Fine China”, “Love More” and “Loyal” have all garnered major play on Rhythmic and Urban radio, and new single “New Flame” is doing the same. Team Breezy will definitely get this one into the top two, but can it reach the top? (iTunes)
- There’s a locomotive on the loose! That would be Train‘s latest studio effort, Bulletproof Picasso, their first album in two years. It features the current AAA and Hot AC top ten hit “Angel In Blue Jeans”, but all you soul sisters knew that already. Though it won’t have as big an opening week as California 37, it should register solidly in the top ten. (iTunes)
- In stores with her second set of duets and her 34th (!) studio album overall… who else but Barbra Streisand? It’s Partners, matching her with superstars like Billy Joel and Stevie Wonder and newer artists like Blake Shelton and John Legend. It should be another top ten album for Babs and sell nicely through the holidays. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Cannibal Corpse‘s A Skeletal Domain (iTunes), Flyleaf‘s Between The Stars (iTunes), George Strait‘s The Cowboy Rides Away: Live From AT&T Stadium (iTunes), Jimi Hendrix‘s soundtrack to Rainbow Bridge (iTunes) and The Cry Of Love (iTunes), Sir Sly‘s You Haunt Me (iTunes), Slash / Myles Kennedy‘s World On Fire (iTunes) and The Madden Brothers‘s Greetings From California (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week (and there’s a whole lot of them) include:
- “Feels Like Vegas”, a digital single from R&B singer Tinashe. (iTunes)
- “Love ‘Em All”, a new single from R&B singer K. Michelle. (iTunes)
- “Nature Boy”, another digital single from Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett‘s Cheek To Cheek album. (iTunes)
- “Starshine”, new from the legendary Stevie Nicks. (iTunes)
- “Surrender”, new from the New Jersey trio Cash Cash. (iTunes)
Kenny Chesney brings The Big Revival to the charts next week; will it revive the top spot or will Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett get Cheek To Cheek with it? A full preview is coming in seven!