It may be back to work and back to school after Labor Day, but the music world is still on a little break with only a few releases on the schedule this time. Here’s what albums and singles are in stores for the week of September 2:
- Still bringing the hits over a decade later, pop/rockers Maroon 5 are back with V, their first studio album since 2012. Unless anything crazy pops up over the next few days, this should be next week’s #1 on the Billboard 200. Two singles from the effort, “Maps” and “Animals”, are in the top 20 on iTunes at the moment. (iTunes)
- Rapper Jeezy, no longer Young, is out with his first album since 2011, Seen It All: The Autobiography. “Seen” is currently trending towards the top ten on the Urban chart and features Jay Z. Look for it to be in the runner-up spot behind Adam Levine and the guys. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Counting Crows‘s Somewhere Under Wonderland (iTunes), Cris Cab‘s Where I Belong (iTunes), Johnny Winter‘s Step Back (iTunes) and Nick & Knight‘s Nick & Knight (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Dear Jane”, a new digital release from The Madden Brothers. (iTunes)
- “La La Latch”, a digital single from a cappella group Pentatonix. (iTunes)
Things get more exciting next week with new albums from Country stars Dustin Lynch and Lee Brice, R&B singer Jhene Aiko and the legendary Robert Plant. Who scores the week’s top debut? A full preview is coming in seven!