If you’ve got a “Problem” with this lady going all the way to the top, it would be best not to glance at the Billboard 200 chart next week. (NOTE: some releases may still not be out until Tuesday dependent on record label availability/iTunes response time.) Here’s what albums and singles are in stores for the week of August 25:
- Breaking free and into stores this week is the second album from singer Ariana Grande, titled My Everything. The album features three current hits and is expected to debut at #1 on next week’s chart, displacing rapper Wiz Khalifa this week. How high can it go in first week sales? She’s been all over the place lately, and with a big fanbase, expect it to be a pretty significant number. (iTunes)
- Country superstar and Rising Star judge Brad Paisley has some Moonshine In The Trunk and a future top 5 album in his future, which features the single “River Bank” and the followup “Perfect Storm”. If you’re a fan of his, you’ve likely noticed his social media campaign in which he “leaked” tracks from his album. (iTunes)
- New at #1 on the Urban AC chart with “It’s You” is R&B singer Kem, now out with the album Promise To Love. It’s his fourth studio effort and his first since 2010’s Intimacy: Album III, which achieved a #2 debut. It’s unclear whether this will hit the same peak, but it should be solidly in the top five. (iTunes)
- Currently climbing up the Alternative survey with their top 20 hit “Beware The Dog”, Aussie rockers The Griswolds are out with Be Impressive. They may not be the same as the family from National Lampoon’s Vacation, but they will certainly be celebrating like it’s a holiday. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Avenged Sevenfold‘s Waking The Fallen: Resurrected (iTunes), Basement Jaxx‘s Junto (iTunes), Opeth‘s Pale Communion (iTunes) and Shovels & Rope‘s Swimmin’ Time (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Guts Over Fear”, the latest single from rapper Eminem and singer Sia. (iTunes)
- “Lady”, new from a forthcoming collection by Stevie Nicks. (iTunes)
- “Say You Love Me”, a great new single from singer Jessie Ware. (iTunes)
- “The Way We Were”, a duet version of Barbra Streisand‘s classic, featuring Lionel Richie. (iTunes)
- “This Is How We Do (Remix)”, a new version of Katy Perry‘s hit, featuring RiFF RaFF. (iTunes)
Next week, Maroon 5 is back with their latest set, V. Will their fifth studio album become their second #1 in the U.S.? A full preview is coming in seven!