Now serving… only the top new releases from that music menu we call the official release schedule. Hope you get your fill. Here’s what albums and singles are in stores for the week of August 5:
- Back on the block with their first effort in four years is the quintet Spoon, in stores this week with They Want My Soul. (iTunes) “Do You”, the current single from the album, is just below the top ten at AAA radio. Also bringing the rock and looking for a top five debut on the Billboard 200 is Godsmack; they’re just about to hit #1 on the Active Rock survey with the title track from 1000HP. (iTunes)
- Are compilations still your thing? The boys and gals at NOW That’s What I Call Music! have what you’re looking for with their Vol. 51 of current hits (iTunes) and dance collection Party Anthems, Vol. 2 (iTunes) this week. Look for the former to have a good shot a #1, while the latter will chart much lower.
- Other releases out this week include: Al Jarreau‘s My Old Friend: Celebrating George Duke (iTunes), Andy Grammer‘s Magazines Or Novels (iTunes) and The Wind And The Wave‘s From The Wreckage (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Anaconda”, new from rapper Nicki Minaj. (iTunes)
- “Chains”, a new solo single (and not a hot Tina Arena remake) from Nick Jonas. (iTunes)
- “First Time”, new from Australian singer/songwriter Vance Joy. (iTunes)
- “God Of Ocean Tides”, new from the Counting Crows. (iTunes)
- “Just Kids”, a digital pre-release track from Alex & Sierra. (iTunes)
- “Promises”, a pre-release single from rapper Wiz Khalifa. (iTunes)
- “Somebody To You”, a single and EP from boy band The Vamps. (iTunes)
No big names next week when it comes to new releases, but a small stack of Caleb Johnson, Porter Robinson, Tank and The Gaslight Anthem provides an interesting sample of what’s happening. A full preview is coming in seven!