In this second week of June, we have a number of acts who are rocking away with the release schedule, though some are quite softer than others. Here’s what albums and singles are in stores for the week of June 10:
- Jack White recently scored his latest top ten on the Alternative chart with the title track from Lazaretto, which is out in stores this week. It’s his second solo outing after 2012’s Blunderbuss, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 and was eventually certified Gold. This should make him two for two. (iTunes)
- Already charting well in several European territories, the new album from singer/songwriter Passenger is now out, titled Whispers. The international single from the effort is “Heart’s On Fire”, while “Scare Away The Dark” leads the set in North America. Look for it to garner some solid numbers next week. (iTunes) (Read my review of Whispers)
- Spreading some “Peace” on the AAA and Hot AC surveys, the Maryland band O.A.R. release their latest album, The Rockville LP, which is the act’s first for Vanguard Records. Their last two albums managed top 20 peaks, but this one could be a little bit lower given the single’s lukewarm response so far. (iTunes)
- After decades of hit albums with The Pretenders, Chrissie Hynde is striking with her own effort called Stockholm. A single from it, “Dark Sunglasses”, is currently doing moderately well at AAA radio. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Colbie Caillat‘s Gypsy Heart (EP) (iTunes), First Aid Kit‘s Stay Gold (iTunes), Hellyeah‘s Blood For Blood (iTunes), Say Anything‘s Hebrews (iTunes), The Who‘s Quadrophenia – Live In London (iTunes) and the original Broadway soundtrack to Bullets Over Broadway (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Back To The Earth”, another album track from Jason Mraz‘s forthcoming Yes! album. (iTunes)
- “Brooklyn Baby”, a digital track from Lana Del Rey. (iTunes)
- “Final Masquerade”, the latest digital single from Linkin Park. (iTunes)
- “Hangover”, a collaboration between PSY and Snoop Dogg. (iTunes)
- “This Is How We Roll”, a remix of Florida Georgia Line‘s recent Country hit with Jason Derulo. (iTunes)
Lana Del Rey, Linkin Park and Sam Smith lead a huge pack of releases for next week, but which will claw its way to the top of the charts? A full preview is coming on Tuesday!