June so soon? Hard to believe, but a new month is here, which means the end of Q2 is just a few weeks away. Here’s what albums and singles are in stores for the week of June 3:
- If there’s no significant surprise release this week (see full article here), then #1 next week should belong to Country singer Miranda Lambert, who has gone Platinum with her latest release (at least in the title.) The lead single from the effort is “Automatic”, a current top 3 single on the Country survey, while a collaboration with Carrie Underwood, “Somethin’ Bad”, is also raking in the spins. Regardless of where it lands, this one will be a hot seller. (iTunes)
- The legendary Led Zeppelin has a total of three deluxe rereleases out today of their their first three albums: Led Zeppelin I, Led Zeppelin II and Led Zeppelin III. There are several configurations available, including individual downloads, CDs and vinyl records, as well as CD and vinyl box sets. The band will be all over the Billboard 200 next week. (iTunes) (Physical editions)
- Rapper 50 Cent, a long ways away from the days of hit singles and albums, is out with his last effort, Animal Ambition: An Untamed Desire To Win. A single from it, a collaboration with Trey Songz called “Smoke”, reached the top 20 at Urban radio. Yeah, this one’s not really going anywhere, and that makes dollars and sense. (iTunes)
- TV star turned Country singer Lucy Hale releases her debut album this week, Road Between. “You Sound Good To Me”, the leadoff single from it, recently reached the Country chart. Though radio and retail haven’t put up big numbers for it, her fan base could lead the way in making this a first week success. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Birdy‘s Fire Within (iTunes), Bob Mould‘s Beauty & Ruin (iTunes), Dave and Phil Alvin‘s Common Ground (iTunes), Kelly Price‘s Sing Pray Love, Vol. 1: Sing (iTunes), L.P.‘s Forever For Now (iTunes), Matisyahu‘s Akeda (iTunes), Rush Of Fools‘s Carry Us Now (iTunes), The Orwells‘s Disgraceland (iTunes), the compilation NOW That’s What I Call Country, Vol. 7 (iTunes) and the original Broadway soundtrack to If/Then (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Beautiful Agony”, a digital track from singer/songwriter David Gray. (iTunes)
- “Day Drinking”, a new single from Country quartet Little Big Town. (iTunes)
- “Hurricane Heart”, new from Louisiana soul and rock singer Marc Broussard. (iTunes)
- “Long Drive”, another album track from Jason Mraz‘s forthcoming Yes! album. (iTunes)
- “Stay With Me (Remix)”, a new duet of Sam Smith‘s hit featuring singer Mary J. Blige. (iTunes)
- “Wastelands”, a digital single from Linkin Park‘s forthcoming album. (iTunes)
Next week, Jack White leads the pack of fresh releases and looks to take the top, while O.A.R. and Passenger also take a ride into stores. A full preview is coming on Tuesday!