Memorial Day may be over for this year, but some chart veterans are hitting the scene with new efforts this week, along with a few newcomers to the Billboard 200. Here’s what albums and singles are in stores for the week of May 27:
- After delays, single changes and scanning childhood self-portraits for the better part of two years, the diva is back and ready to roll. Mariah Carey returns with her first studio album since 2010, Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse. Though she’ll likely claim the week’s top debut, Coldplay‘s Ghost Stories should be strong enough to hold her back from #1. Nevertheless, the Lambs are ready to strike for their shepherd. (iTunes)
- Speaking of fanbases, the Mahomies are another strong one. Luckily, their leader, Austin Mahone, is finally out with an EP titled The Secret, which comes nearly two years after his first radio single release. His most recent single, a collaboration with Pitbull titled “Mmm Yeah”, is on there, along with a few extra nu sounds. Look for it to debut somewhere in the top ten with a really front-loaded first day sales total. (iTunes)
- Former U.K. X Factor finalist Cher Lloyd is hearing those “Sirens” go off today as her second album, Sorry, I’m Late, finally arrives in stores this week after a six month delay. The set was postponed after single “I Wish” failed to chart significantly, although that aforementioned second single isn’t doing much either. Don’t count the Brats out, though – they could deliver a solid entry for her. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Crowder‘s Neon Steeple (iTunes), Hercules and Love Affair‘s The Fest Of The Broken Heart (iTunes), Kiss‘s Kiss 40 (iTunes), Neil Young‘s A Letter Home (iTunes), Röyksopp & Robyn‘s Do It Again (EP) (iTunes), Sharon Van Etten‘s Are We There? (iTunes), The Ready Set‘s The Bad & The Better (iTunes) and the original Broadway soundtrack to The Bridges Of Madison County (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Hello, You Beautiful Thing”, a digital single from Jason Mraz‘s forthcoming album. (iTunes)
- “I Wanna Feel”, already storming the top in the U.K. for producer SecondCity. (iTunes)
- “Shades Of Cool”, a digital release from Lana Del Rey‘s Ultraviolence album. (iTunes)
- “XO”, a remake of a Beyoncé underperforming single by John Mayer. (iTunes)
Miranda Lambert‘s Platinum debuts next week and makes its way towards that lofty certification, while new albums from 50 Cent and The Orwells also try to break ahead of the pack. A full preview is coming on Tuesday!