April showers bring May flowers and the garden of new releases this week is looking a lot healthier thanks to some Q2 stars with new music. Here’s what albums and singles are in stores for the week of May 13:
- Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney are doing their thing once again as The Black Keys with their fifth full-length release for Nonesuch Records, Turn Blue. Their last album, El Camino, sold over 200,000 copies in its first week during the holiday music rush in 2011. Can their newest effort do the same kind of numbers? With a #1 song at Alternative radio in “Fever”, that total will definitely be up there. (iTunes)
- Nearly five years after his passing, the public has shown that interest is still present for unreleased material from the legendary Michael Jackson. His second posthumous compilation, titled Xscape, hits shelves this week. First single “Love Never Felt So Good”, which comes in both a solo version and as a duet with Justin Timberlake, is floating around the top ten on iTunes. Look for it to be in the top 2 next week with a chance at #1. (iTunes)
- Due for a top 5 debut on the Billboard 200 is another album from Country trio Rascal Flatts. Their ninth effort is Rewind, and the title track is rising up the charts. Their numbers have dwindled over the years, but this should be pretty close to a six figure start. (iTunes)
- Released a day early to a #1 debut on iTunes Albums survey, Chromeo‘s White Women is in stores now. It’s the duo’s first album since 2010. The lead single from it is “Jealous (I Ain’t With It)”, which is currently gaining airplay in both the U.S. and Canada. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Blondie‘s Blondie 4(0)-Ever: Greatest Hits Deluxe Redux / Ghosts of Download (iTunes), Dolly Parton‘s Blue Smoke (iTunes), Down‘s Down IV, Pt. II (iTunes), Little Dragon‘s Nabuma Rubberband (iTunes), Sturgill Simpson‘s Metamodern Sounds In Country Music (iTunes), Tori Amos‘s Unrepentant Geraldines (iTunes), the original Broadway soundtrack to Beautiful: The Carole King Musical (iTunes) and a various artists compilation, One Love, One Rhythm: The Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Album (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “All I Ever Need”, a digital single from Austin Mahone. (iTunes)
- “Real Girls Eat Cake”, a single from online comedy group The Janoskians. (iTunes)
Coldplay‘s Ghost Stories is looking at a spooky sales frame ahead, but how will it do against Brantley Gilbert‘s Just As I Am and Phillip Phillips‘s Behind The Light? A full preview is coming in seven!