Feels like, feels like it’s coming… that is, a rush to buy some new singles and albums this week, right? Here’s what you need to know about on the schedule for the week of March 18:
- In 2011, Foster The People scored a major pop and rock hit with “Pumped Up Kicks” from their album Torches. Three years later, the trio returns with their sophomore album, Supermodel, and are currently riding high on the Alternative chart with the top 5 single “Coming Of Age”. Look for the album to debut at #1 next week ahead of the soundtrack to Frozen; the cold never bothered them anyways. (iTunes)
- After several EPs released over the past few years, DJ and GRAMMY winner Skrillex is out with his first full-length album, Recess, which was just announced mere days ago. Pre-orders have been strong on this one; I’m expecting it to be top 5 on the album chart next week. (iTunes)
- SEX + LOVE is the title of the latest album from Enrique Iglesias, but he hasn’t been receiving the latter at radio. All three of the English singles from the record have tanked, largely due to their generic nature. However, with the kind of fan base he has, they may come through for him and deliver a top ten debut. (iTunes)
- Believe it or not, superstar George Michael has a new effort out this week, titled Symphonica. The largely live album features new takes on some of his hits, as well as cover versions, as performed on his tour of the same name. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Black Lips‘s Underneath The Rainbow (iTunes), Jo Dee Messina‘s Me (iTunes), John Oates‘s Good Road To Follow (iTunes), Ronnie Milsap‘s Summer Number Seventeen (iTunes), Taking Back Sunday‘s Happiness Is (iTunes), The Pretty Reckless‘s Going To Hell (iTunes), The War On Drugs‘s Lost In The Dream (iTunes), YG‘s My Krazy Life (iTunes) and the soundtrack from Muppets Most Wanted (iTunes).
New digital-only EPs and singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Chandelier”, a new release from super songwriter and singer Sia. (iTunes)
- “Me And My Broken Heart” (+ EP), the first release from new U.K. boy band Rixton. (iTunes)
- “Sirens”, a second single from Cher Lloyd‘s delayed Sorry, I’m Late album. (iTunes)
- “Summer”, the first single from Calvin Harris‘s forthcoming album. (iTunes)
- “Surfboard”, a new single from teen singer Cody Simpson. (iTunes)
Next week, Shakira shakes it up with a self-titled album on the schedule, plus Karmin and the soundtrack from Rio 2 arrive in stores. A full preview is coming in seven!