From pop to rock to country and even a little bit of latin flair, it’s a mixed bag of music this week. Here’s everything you need to know about that’s in stores today, February 25:
- 43-year-old Beck returns with his first album in 5 1/2 years titled Morning Phase, featuring the AAA hit “Blue Moon”. It’s his first release under his new home, Capitol Records. All four of his previous studio albums have debuted in the top ten, and given the long period of time since his latest release, this will very easily enter there. (iTunes)
- If there is one thing that’s true… it’s that The Fray has a new album in stores this week, Helios. “Love Don’t Die” led the effort, which is now proceeding to crash off the charts. Whoops. Luckily, there are a few followups on there that could provide them with some more airtime. (iTunes) (My review of Helios)
- Country star Dierks Bentley is out with his first album in two years, Riser. Though first single “Bourbon In Kentucky” was quickly pulled from radio due to some sort of issue, followup “I Hold On” is currently top ten at the format. (iTunes)
- Former Aventura leader Romeo Santos is in stores with his second solo effort, Fórmula, Vol. 2. Vol. 1 made the Billboard 200’s top ten back in 2011. (iTunes)
- Rapper ScHoolboy Q makes his major label debut on Interscope with Oxymoron, his third studio album overall. The current single from the project is “Man Of The Year”, which is a solid hit at both Rhythm and Urban radio. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Brian Culbertson‘s Another Long Night Out (iTunes), Celtic Woman‘s Emerald: Musical Gems (iTunes), Miner‘s Into The Morning (iTunes), Neneh Cherry‘s Blank Project (iTunes), Run River North‘s Run River North (iTunes), Skaters‘s Manhattan (iTunes), St. Vincent‘s St. Vincent (iTunes) and Twin Forks‘s Twin Forks (iTunes).
New digital-only EPs and singles that you can buy this week include:
- From The Spark (EP), featuring the single “The Struggle” from rockers Grizfolk. (iTunes)
- “I Don’t Dance”, a fresh single from Country singer Lee Brice. (iTunes)
- “Not A Bad Thing”, an edit of a third release from Justin Timberlake‘s The 20/20 Experience — 2 of 2. (iTunes)
- “Peace”, a new single from the Maryland band O.A.R.. (iTunes)
- “Stay”, a collaboration from tyDi and former The Voice finalist Dia Frampton. (iTunes)
- “Wild Wild Love”, new from rapper Pitbull and G.R.L. (iTunes)
Next week, Pharrell keeps things “Happy” with a new solo effort, G I R L, while American Authors, David Nail and Lea Michele are also bringing cheerful contenders to the table. See you in seven!