Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so instead of heading to CVS for a gift, why not give the gift of music for the big day? Here are some choices you may fall in love with that are in stores for the week of February 11:
- This week’s biggest release and likely to land a debut of six figures is the new album from Country singer Eric Church, The Outsiders. The current single from it is “Give Me Back My Hometown”, a top gainer on the airplay chart and a consistent seller digitally. Unless the soundtrack from Frozen decides to surprise once again, this should be #1 next week. (iTunes)
- His first era came and went without a significant hit, but Frankie Ballard‘s Sunshine & Whiskey has a delivered a massive track in “Helluva Life”, which sits in the top ten on the Country chart. His album should land somewhere in the top 20 dependent on how big his base is. (iTunes)
- The second original television soundtrack from HBO’s Girls is out this week, titled All Adventurous Women Do. It features songs from Christina Perri, Lily Allen, Miguel and more. Adventurous indeed. (iTunes)
- Two other soundtracks from the movies are both out today: The Lego Movie (iTunes) and Vampire Academy (iTunes).
- Other releases out include: Band Of Horses‘s Acoustic At The Ryman (iTunes), Greg Laswell‘s I Was Going To Be An Astronaut (iTunes), Meg Myers‘s Make A Shadow (EP) (iTunes), Neil Finn‘s Dizzy Heights (iTunes) and Sun Kil Moon‘s Benji (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Automatic”, the first single from Miranda Lambert‘s forthcoming album. (iTunes)
- “Better Than It Ever Could Be”, a new track from Aussie band The Preatures. (iTunes)
- “Tell The World”, a great new track from singer-songwriter Eric Hutchinson. (iTunes)
- “You’re Mine”, a digital single from Lea Michele‘s forthcoming album. (iTunes)
- “You’re Mine (Eternal)”, out on Wednesday for diva Mariah Carey. (iTunes)
American Idol‘s Candice Glover and Country star Cole Swindell lead the pack of next week’s releases. We’ll see how they fare in seven.