It’s a new month with new adventures and a lot of new albums and singles making their way into stores. Here are all the releases that you need to know about for the week of February 4:
- After being delayed for a few months, the duets album between Toni Braxton and Babyface is finally here, titled Love, Marriage and Divorce. It features a recent #1 on the Urban AC chart, “Hurt You”, as well as the follow-up “Where Did We Go Wrong?”, currently top 20 on the same format. Look for it to debut in the top ten. (iTunes)
- Indie rockers Broken Bells are back with their first album in four years, After The Disco, featuring the single “Holding On For Life”. The duo’s last effort entered in the top ten; this will also likely land a similar debut. (iTunes).
- Newcomer Eric Paslay recently hit #1 on the Country chart with “Friday Night” in a ridiculous last ditch attempt by his label (A 900-spin gain? Really?) and now his self-titled album is out today. His new single from it is “Song About A Girl”. (iTunes)
- They’re currently on the AAA survey with a song called “Only One”; now, Aussie band John Butler Trio releases Flesh & Blood, their first album since 2010. (iTunes)
- Two big compilation series have new editions out today: NOW! That’s What I Call Music, Vol. 49 (iTunes) and WOW Gospel 2014 (iTunes).
- Other releases out include: Jeremy Messersmith‘s Heart Murmurs (iTunes), Junior Prom‘s self-titled EP (iTunes), Little Mix‘s Salute (iTunes), Paul Rodgers‘s The Royal Sessions (iTunes), Ruben Studdard‘s Unconditional Love (iTunes), The Chain Gang of 1974‘s Daydream Forever (iTunes) and Within Temptation‘s Hydra (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Follow Me Down”, a new track from The Pretty Reckless. (iTunes)
- “Girls Chase Boys”, a new single from singer-songwriter Ingrid Michaelson. (iTunes)
- “I Hope This Whole Thing Didn’t Frighten You”, the first single from The Hold Steady‘s forthcoming album. (iTunes)
- “Invisible”, free for two days via iTunes and now a paid download from U2‘s forthcoming album. (iTunes)
- “Once Upon A Dream”, a soundtrack single from Maleficent as performed by Lana Del Rey. (iTunes)
- Polaroid Picture (EP), a five-song pack featuring the title track from Frank Turner. (iTunes)
- “PretzelBodyLogic”, a digital release from Prince and 3RDEYEGIRL. (iTunes)
- “Same Girl”, another digital single from singer and American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez. (iTunes)
It’s all about the guys of Country next week with new albums from Frankie Ballard and Eric Church, as well as the second soundtrack from the TV series Girls. See you in seven!