Music’s Biggest Night gave us some amazing performances and some huge winners racking up the Awards, but let’s not forget, we do have a few albums and singles keeping things fresh this week. Here are all the big GRAMMY surges and new releases you need to know about for January 28:
- ALBUM / RECORD OF THE YEAR: Daft Punk took home five statutes last night, the most of any act there. Two were for the #2 hit “Get Lucky” (iTunes), featuring Pharrell Williams, including Record Of The Year, while parent album Random Access Memories (iTunes) accumulated the other three, including Album Of The Year.
- SONG OF THE YEAR: 17-year-old Lorde beat out a lot of musical heavyweights for this year’s Song Of The Year, “Royals” (iTunes). The multi-format #1 song was also a winner for Best Solo Pop Performance and comes from album Pure Heroine (iTunes).
- BEST NEW ARTIST: In addition to their win in the Big Four, duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis also took three out of the four Rap categories, including Rap Performance and Song for “Thrift Shop” (iTunes), featuring Wanz, and Best Rap Album for The Heist (iTunes). They’ll certainly be able to buy some more new threads soon.
- Other records reacting well to last night’s show include: Beyoncé‘s self-titled effort (iTunes), Bruno Mars‘s Unorthodox Jukebox (iTunes), Imagine Dragons‘s Night Visions (iTunes) and Kacey Musgraves‘s Same Trailer Different Park (iTunes). Of course, you can also download the 2014 GRAMMY Nominees album (iTunes), featuring a nice selection of songs from all different genres.
- Of this week’s selections, you can check out Casting Crowns‘s Thrive (iTunes), Dave Barnes‘s Golden Days (iTunes), David Crosby‘s Croz (iTunes), Of Mice And Men‘s Restoring Force (iTunes), Red Dragon Cartel‘s self-titled album (iTunes) and Smith & Myers (from Shinedown)’s Acoustic Sessions (EP) (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Find You”, a collaboration between Zedd and vocalists Matthew Koma and Miriam Bryant. (iTunes)
- “Girls”, a new single from Jennifer Lopez. (iTunes)
- “Into The Blue”, the first single from Kylie Minogue‘s forthcoming album. (iTunes)
- “Invisible”, the first single from Hunter Hayes‘s forthcoming album. (iTunes)
- “I Want It All”, the latest from swag pop duo Karmin. (iTunes)
- “MMM Yeah”, a new track from teen singer Austin Mahone and rapper Pitbull. (iTunes)
- “Radioactive”, a big hit from Imagine Dragons in a new remix with Kendrick Lamar following their GRAMMY performance. (iTunes)
Next week, we’ll look at new albums from Toni Braxton & Babyface, Broken Bells, Eric Paslay and more. See you in seven!