Only one more week left before we take a short pause as the industry takes a breather, but for now, those new releases keep jingling and jangling as they look to sleigh the charts. Here are all the new albums and singles you need to know about for December 10:
- The biggest release of the week comes from R&B star R. Kelly, out with his latest album called Black Panties. Single “Genius” is currently top ten on the Urban AC chart. It will likely be the highest debut on the chart, but not #1, which will probably be reserved by one of the two big Christmas albums of the year by the cast of Duck Dynasty or Kelly Clarkson. (iTunes)
- Community actor Donald Glover is back as rapper Childish Gambino for his latest full-length album, Because The Internet. This one’s been generating a lot of buzz and several tracks from it have charted well on iTunes in advance of it, so don’t be surprised to see this entering into the top ten on the Billboard 200. (iTunes)
- With the current #1 song on Country radio, a slow burner called “Carolina”, Parmalee is out with Feels Like Carolina. It also features their previous single, “Musta Had A Good Time”. (iTunes)
- Two EPs with a bit of a country twang see a release this week: duo The Civil Wars strip it down with Bare Bones (iTunes) and the Zac Brown Band is out with The Grohl Sessions, Vol. 1 (iTunes), as produced by Dave Grohl.
- On the soundtrack circuit this week, there are four between the movies and television that you should be checking out: from the big screen, American Hustle (iTunes), Mandela – Long Walk To Freedom (iTunes) and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (iTunes), plus the first season two compilation from ABC’s Nashville (iTunes).
- Other albums out this week include E-40‘s The Block Brochure: Welcome To The Soil, parts 4-6 (iTunes), Jesse McCartney‘s In Technicolor, Part 1 (iTunes), and Krystal Keith‘s Whiskey & Lace (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Cannonball”, a first single from Lea Michele‘s first album, Louder. (iTunes)
- “Confident”, the latest Music Mondays release from Justin Bieber featuring Chance The Rapper. (iTunes)
- “La La La”, an international smash for Naughty Boy and Sam Smith. (iTunes)
- “R U Crazy?”, a former top ten hit in the U.K. for Conor Maynard. (iTunes)
- “Santa Baby”, from Ariana Grande featuring Liz Gillies. (iTunes)
B.o.B. and Justin Bieber lead the pack next week on our final Turn It Up Tuesday of 2013. Get ready!