In a week full of super releases by musical superheroes, there can only be one that tops the Billboard 200 album chart. Here are the high-flying and hot new releases for November 19:
- Led by the Hot AC hit “Waiting For Superman”, pop/rockers Daughtry are storming into stores with their fourth studio album, Baptized. The band’s had two #1 albums and a third go top ten; how will this fare? I think we’ll be seeing them well within this region again this time around. (iTunes)
- The soundtrack to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, out this Friday, is in stores today. It features two singles currently ranking on the radio charts: “Atlas” by Coldplay and “We Remain” by Christina Aguilera. (iTunes)
- American Idol winner Phillip Phillips is rereleasing his album, The World From The Side Of The Moon (iTunes), with a new three-track Live EP (iTunes), featuring in-concert versions of songs like “Gone Gone Gone” and current single “Where We Came From”.
- They’re “Battle Born” and ready to fight with the release of The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side Of Hell, Volume 2. Five Finger Death Punch (what a name) are rocking out and up for sale this week. (iTunes)
- Rapper Yo Gotti just missed the top ten with his last album, Live From The Kitchen. His latest is I Am, featuring current single with T.I., “King Sh-t”. (iTunes).
- Recorded back in April at Madison Square Garden, Eric Clapton and friends like Jeff Beck and John Mayer collaborate on Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013. (iTunes)
- Other albums out this week include Delta Rae‘s Chasing Twisters (EP) (iTunes), Jake Bugg‘s Shangri La (iTunes), Matthew Morrison‘s A Classic Christmas (EP) (iTunes) and Nickelback‘s The Best Of Nickelback, Volume 1 (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Diana”, a digital single from boy band One Direction. (iTunes)
- “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”, a rendition of the holiday classic from Babyface and Toni Braxton. (iTunes)
- “Hold On”, a new single from singer-songwriter Colbie Caillat. (iTunes)
- “Human”, the first single from Christina Perri‘s forthcoming second album. (iTunes)
- “Last Christmas”, the first track released from Ariana Grande‘s new Christmas themed EP. (iTunes)
- “PYD”, the latest Music Mondays release from Justin Bieber and special guest R. Kelly. (iTunes)
One Direction are taking over next week with their third album, Midnight Memories. How high will it go? A preview is coming in seven!