Turn it up… Monday? Yes, once again this year, there’s a big Q4 release (art)popping into stores today, so, many albums and singles are out early. (NOTE: some releases may still not be out until Tuesday dependent on record label availability/iTunes response time.) Here’s what you need to know about on the schedule for the week of November 11:
- Give her that thing she loves — album sales, of course, and maybe a little “Applause”. Lady Gaga‘s third studio album is ARTPOP, featuring current single “Do What U Want”, a collaboration with R. Kelly. Look for it to debut in the top 2, with Eminem‘s second week for The Marshall Mathers LP 2 determining whether the Lady makes it to the top or not. (iTunes)
- Country hitmakers Lady Antebellum rerelease their album Golden in a deluxe edition, which features current radio hit “Compass”. The original disc went to #1 on the Billboard 200 in May. (iTunes)
- Calling all Fab Four fans: straight from the vaults, over 60 previously unreleased session tracks from The Beatles will be available on On Air – Live At The BBC Volume 2, a series of songs recorded in 1963 and 1964. (iTunes)
- Two greatest hits compilations reach the public this week, both by bands I particularly like: Keane has The Best Of Keane (iTunes), led by single “Higher Than The Sun”, and The Killers go with Direct Hits (iTunes), featuring the Alternative single “Shot At The Night”.
- Christmas is in the air once again with several releases out this week, including Erasure‘s Snow Globe (iTunes), Jewel‘s Let It Snow (iTunes) and Tamar Braxton‘s Winter Loversland (iTunes).
- Other albums out this week include Kellie Pickler‘s The Woman I Am (iTunes), Passenger‘s iTunes Session EP (iTunes), the soundtrack to the film 12 Years A Slave (iTunes) and two NOW! That’s What I Call… compilations: Music, Volume 48 (iTunes) and Disney, Volume 2 (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “All Bad”, the latest Music Mondays release from Justin Bieber. (iTunes)
- “Banga Banga”, a new single from teen singer Austin Mahone. (iTunes)
- “So Blue”, new from everybody’s favorite screeching cat, singer Akon. (iTunes)
- “The Art Of Letting Go”, the second single from Mariah Carey‘s album of the same name. (iTunes; 11AM Monday.)
Next week, a few American Idol contestants are in the mix — a new album from Daughtry, plus a live EP from Phillip Phillips. How will they do against the legend herself, Barbra Streisand? A preview is coming next week!