Ready to go berzerk over another week of big releases? Of course you are. Here are all the albums and singles you need to know about for the week of November 5:
- With four songs floating around the top ten on iTunes, including the new radio hit “The Monster” (featuring Rihanna), rapper Eminem is set to have a huge opening frame with next week’s #1 album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2. Reviews have been generally favorable thus far; only question is, how high will it go? Stay tuned. (iTunes)
- After all the push backs and changes in singles, Avril Lavigne‘s self-titled album is out this week, likely aiming for a top 5 debut. The current single from the project is “Let Me Go”, a duet with husband Chad Kroeger of Nickelback. (iTunes) (Read my review!)
- Canada’s out in full force this week; diva Celine Dion also wants to wake up the industry with Loved Me Back To Life, with the title track getting some airplay at Adult Contemporary radio. Look for it to enter in the top ten, if not higher. (iTunes)
- Singer-songwriter James Blunt returns this week with Moon Landing, featuring the single “Bonfire Heart”. The song is beautiful, it’s true. (iTunes)
- They own the night, at least in song, but they won’t be owning the charts this time around. After two underperforming singles, “I Found You” and “We Own The Night”, The Wanted are out with Word Of Mouth, likely to flop here but still doing well overseas. (iTunes)
- Just looking for the classics this week? Look no further than Bob Dylan‘s The Complete Album Collection, available digitally by decade: 60’s (iTunes), 70’s (iTunes), 80’s (iTunes) and 90’s (iTunes). Also of note this week is Miami Pop Festival, recorded live in 1968 from the Jimi Hendrix Experience (iTunes).
- Other albums out this week include Il Divo‘s A Musical Affair (iTunes), Jake Miller‘s Us Against Them (iTunes), Luscious Jackson‘s Magic Hour (iTunes), M.I.A.‘s Matangi (iTunes), Scott Stapp‘s Proof Of Life (iTunes) and Stryper’s No More Hell To Pay (iTunes).
New digital-only EPs singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Bad Day”, the latest Music Mondays track from Justin Bieber. (iTunes)
- “Courage”, a new single from legendary artist Peter Gabriel. (iTunes)
- “Dope”, another album track from Lady Gaga‘s ARTPOP. (iTunes)
- “I Do”, a new track from country and pop singer Jessie James Decker. (iTunes)
- “I See Fire”, a soundtrack release from Ed Sheeran from The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug. (iTunes)
- “Move”, already lighting up the charts in Australia and the United Kingdom for Little Mix. (iTunes)
- “Perfume”, the second scentimental single from Britney Spears‘s Britney Jean. (iTunes)
- “Say Something”, a new version of the A Great Big World single featuring Christina Aguilera. (iTunes)
- “Talk About It”, a great new single from Swedish singer-songwriter Erik Hassle. (iTunes)
Lady Gaga’s ARTPOP will be the talk of the town next week; find out about it and more coming up next Tuesday!