Time to let the light in on these heavy albums hitting the streets today; some big names in here. Check out the releases for the week of October 22:
- She’s got the eye of the tiger and she’s fully ready to pounce on that top spot on next week’s Billboard 200 album chart. It’s the third studio album from pop princess Katy Perry, who releases Prism, featuring the #1 “Roar” and new single “Unconditionally”. How high will her first frame stack up? Stay tuned. (iTunes)
- California rockers AFI just missed the top ten with their last studio album; now, four years later, they return with Burials, with singles like “17 Crimes” and “I Hope You Suffer”. Well, so much for the positive vibes. (iTunes)
- Former X Factor contestants Fifth Harmony are out with an EP this week titled Better Together, a poppy affair featuring single “Miss Movin’ On”. (iTunes)
- Hot off his top ten AAA hit, “Wild Child”, which currently resides at #6, singer-songwriter Brett Dennen releases Smoke And Mirrors, his fifth studio album since 2004. (iTunes)
- His album Passione went to #2 earlier this year; will the runner-up spot be his again or can he make it to the top? Sure to be a hot seller this holiday season is Andrea Bocelli‘s Love In Portofino, which also comes with a DVD in the physical component. (iTunes)
- Also hot on the opera circuit this week is Italian trio Il Volo, who enter the ring of Christmas contenders with Buon Natale: The Christmas Album. There are strong pre-orders on this one, which features covers of all the classics. (iTunes).
- If you miss the late Donna Summer, you’ll be sure to love Love To Love You Donna, a collection of remixes as done by Afrojack, Laidback Luke and more. (iTunes).
- Other albums out this week include Anoushka Shankar‘s Traces Of You (iTunes), Def Leppard‘s Viva! Hysteria – Live At The Joint, Las Vegas (iTunes), Lita Ford‘s The Bitch Is Back… Live (iTunes), Motörhead‘s Aftershock (iTunes) and Tori Kelly‘s Foreword EP (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Do What U Want”, an album track from Lady Gaga‘s forthcoming ARTPOP featuring R. Kelly. (iTunes)
- “Hold Tight”, the latest Music Mondays single from Justin Bieber. (iTunes)
- “Love Don’t Die”, the leadoff single from The Fray‘s forthcoming studio album. (iTunes) (Lyrics here!)
- “Sweeter Than Fiction”, an 80’s inspired soundtrack single from One Chance by Taylor Swift. (iTunes)
- “The Outsiders”, a brand new song from Country superstar Eric Church. (iTunes)
- “Wait For A Minute”, a new single from rapper Tyga featuring Justin Bieber. (iTunes)
With new albums from Arcade Fire, Kelly Clarkson and Toby Keith next week, as well as many more acts, it’s going to be a full house. See who lands where in a preview in seven!