Get jelly of this release schedule because we’re about to Jam out in the middle of Q4. Here are all the albums and singles you need to know about for the week of October 15:
- With the tenth studio album in their illustrious career, Eddie Vedder and his band, Pearl Jam, are out with the highly-anticipated Lightning Bolt. The album features the Alternative hits “Mind Your Manners” and “Sirens”. Look for this to be a potential contender for #1 next week. (iTunes)
- From The Beatles to Wings and his own solo projects, Paul McCartney‘s been making music for over 50 years now. His latest album is New, with the title track recently garnering some Adult Contemporary airplay. It’ll attract a good crowd, probably aiming for a top 5 debut on the album chart if not higher. (iTunes)
- Singer-songwriter Gavin DeGraw attempts to Make A Move with his fifth album, featuring lead single “Best I Ever Had”. Reaction’s been mixed on this one, but a top ten entry seems like it could happen. (iTunes) (Read my review!)
- Just ahead of the premiere of the VH1’s CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story, TLC is out with a greatest hits effort, TLC 20, featuring a new single “Meant To Be” along with all the hits you know and love. (iTunes)
- Fall Out Boy is following their album of earlier this year, Save Rock And Roll, with a new EP titled Pax Am Days. The 8-track effort was co-produced with Ryan Adams. (iTunes)
- Two big acts from the airwaves of Adult Alternative radio are stringing together some sensational albums this week. Take a listen to Magpie And The Dandelion by The Avett Brothers (iTunes) and Let’s Be Still by The Head And The Heart, the latter performing at CMJ this week (iTunes).
- In the world of Country music, check out former American Idol winner Scotty McCreery‘s second album See You Tonight (iTunes), singer-songwriter Will Hoge‘s Never Give In (iTunes) and the legend himself, Willie Nelson‘s To All The Girls… (iTunes). McCreery is the only one with a single in the Country top 40 at the moment, the title track, although his first week sales will be significantly lower than with his first album.
- …and in the Christmas music report, one of the potentially bigger albums of the season is released this week. It’s R&B singer Mary J. Blige‘s A Mary Christmas (iTunes). Sorry, no odes to crispy chicken wraps on this one.
- Other albums out this week include Anberlin‘s Devotion (iTunes), Basic Vacation‘s self-titled EP (iTunes), Diane Birch‘s Speak A Little Louder (iTunes), Glenn Lewis‘s Moment Of Truth (iTunes) and Toad The Wet Sprocket‘s New Constellation (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “All That Matters”, another Music Mondays track from Justin Bieber. (iTunes)
- “Let Me Go”, a duet between Avril Lavigne and Nickelback‘s Chad Kroeger from Lavigne’s forthcoming self-titled album. (iTunes) (Lyrics here!)
- “Rap God”, a digital single from rapper Eminem. (iTunes)
- “White Christmas”, a classic cover from Kelly Clarkson‘s forthcoming Christmas album, Wrapped In Red. (iTunes)
Next week is all about Katy Perry‘s PRISM! Find out about it and new albums from Andrea Bocelli and Brett Dennen and an EP from Fifth Harmony in seven.