It’s back to the normal Tuesday schedule this week. We’ve got a lot of ground to cover, so let’s get straight to it! Here are all the releases you need to know about for October 8:
- She’s twerkin’ for a livin’ and she has this week’s most hyped-up album release by far. It’s Bangerz by Miley Cyrus, featuring the hits “We Can’t Stop” and “Wrecking Ball”. She’s caused just a little bit of controversy this era, and you know what? That will sell it. Look for it to be #1 on the Billboard 200 next week. (iTunes)
- With their fourth studio album, rockers Panic! At The Disco remark that they’re Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die! The set is led off by “Miss Jackson”, featuring Lolo, a current top 20 single on the Alternative chart. (iTunes)
- Also ranking high on the rock surveys is Cage The Elephant, the quintet who returns with album Melophobia, featuring the single “Come A Little Closer”. By the way, melophobia is a fear of music, but don’t be afraid to buy this. (iTunes)
- Rapper Pusha T, one half of duo The Clipse, makes his solo debut with My Name Is My Name. The album features collaborations with Chris Brown, Kelly Rowland and Rick Ross, among others. (iTunes)
- If you’re going to be at CMJ in New York City like I will be next week, you may get a chance to see these guys at one of their showcases. Irish rockers Kodaline make their debut with In A Perfect World, which features singles like “All I Want” and “Love Like This”. (iTunes)
- “Never Never” doubt these guys when it comes to some hard-rocking music. That current Active Rock hit from Korn can found on their new album, The Paradigm Shift. (iTunes)
- Soul singer Lyfe Jennings goes Lucid on his latest album, which features the recent Urban AC hit, “Boomerang”. (iTunes)
- Singer-songwriter Amos Lee returns with his first album since 2011, Mountains of Sorrow, Rivers of Song. His last release debuted at #1; this will definitely not do the same. “The Man Who Wants You” is the first single from it, currently receiving AAA airplay. (iTunes)
- In the world of Country music, check out The Voice winner Cassadee Pope‘s Frame By Frame (iTunes), “Sunny And 75” singer Joe Nichols‘s Crickets (iTunes) and superstar Kenny Rogers‘s You Can’t Make Old Friends (iTunes). The Pope release will likely make the largest bow, led by a well-performing Country single, “Wasting All These Tears”.
- …and it’s October, so where would we be without a few early Christmas releases! (Really, guys?) Out this week are Country singer Gretchen Wilson‘s Christmas In My Heart (iTunes) and a 32-song compilation, Now Christmas (iTunes).
- Other albums out this week include Alter Bridge‘s Fortress (iTunes), Lissie‘s Back To Forever (iTunes), Mayday Parade‘s Monsters In The Closet (iTunes), New Found Glory‘s Kill It Live (iTunes), Of Montreal‘s Lousy with Sylvianbriar (iTunes), Prince Royce‘s Soy El Mismo (iTunes), Sleigh Bells‘s Bitter Rivals (iTunes), St. Lucia‘s When The Night (iTunes), Vertical Horizon‘s Echoes From The Underground (iTunes) and V.V. Brown‘s Samson & Delilah (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Change Your Life (EP)”, a six-song release from rapper Iggy Azalea. (iTunes)
- “Gone (EP)”, from newcomers Halo Circus and former American Idol contestant Alison Iraheta. (iTunes)
- “Good Time”, the new single from socialite Paris Hilton and featuring Lil Wayne. (iTunes)
- “Heartbreaker”, the first of ten Music Mondays tracks from Justin Bieber. (iTunes)
- “High Rise (EP)”, a five-song EP from the Stone Temple Pilots and Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington. (iTunes)
- “Timber”, a collaboration between rapper Pitbull and glitter aficionado Ke$ha. (iTunes)
You can look forward to albums next week from Gavin DeGraw, Paul McCartney, Pearl Jam and more! A full preview is coming in seven.