The superstars come out to play this week with the likes of a Dark Lady and a Rocket Man on the schedule. Here are all the releases you need to know about for September 24:
- This should be a shock to no one, but rapper and singer Drake will take the crown on next week’s Billboard 200 album chart with his latest album, Nothing Was The Same. His last album debuted with 631,000 copies sold in its first week. Can this do even better? With two top ten singles in a row from the effort, you better believe those numbers will be stacking up. Stay tuned. (iTunes)
- It’s hard to tell what will be the next highest debut, but here’s an act whose last album entered at #2, 2010’s Come Around Sundown. Kings Of Leon emerge once again with Mechanical Bull, featuring the recent Alternative single “Supersoaker”. The sales of this will almost certainly be down when compared to their last album, but they do have a good pack of fans to at least get them top 5. (iTunes)
- She’s a queen on the music scene and now her 26th (!) studio album is up for purchase today. She’s Cher and her album is titled Closer To The Truth, featuring the Dance hit “Woman’s World” and a new single, a ballad called “I Hope You Find It”. (iTunes)
- Swedish duo Icona Pop follow the success of their summer smash “I Love It” with their first full-length album to be released in the U.S., This Is… Icona Pop. The current single from it is “All Night”. (iTunes)
- Also dancing up the charts this week are Chicago trio Krewella with a full-length album Get Wet (iTunes), which features the singles “Alive” and “Live For The Night”, plus DJ Zedd is out with a deluxe edition of his album Clarity. The latest single from that is “Stay The Night”, a collaboration with Hayley Williams of Paramore (iTunes).
- Singer and songwriter Sting is out with The Last Ship, inspired by his play of the same name which is due to open next year. (iTunes)
- Other albums out this week include Alan Jackson‘s The Bluegrass Album (iTunes), Jason Derulo‘s Tattoos (EP) (iTunes), Metallica‘s soundtrack from Through The Never (iTunes), R5‘s Louder (iTunes) and Sammy Hagar‘s Sammy Hagar And Friends (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Champagne”, another album cut from the forthcoming Frame By Frame by Cassadee Pope. (iTunes)
- “Genius”, the latest single from R&B crooner R. Kelly. (iTunes)
- “O Come All Ye Faithful”, a Christmas standard as performed by Britt Nicole. Yes, we’re already getting holiday releases in late September. Sigh. (iTunes)
- “You’re Not The One”, a new single from Sky Ferreira. (iTunes)
We’ve all been waiting for the second half of The 20/20 Experience to arrive… what kind of numbers will Justin Timberlake do next week? A preview is coming in six on a special Music Monday!