Whether you’re running to the rodeo or cuddling up at the coffee shop, it’s music connecting those two hot spots this week for your list of releases out today, August 13:
- One of Country’s biggest singers today, Luke Bryan, offers up his Crash My Party album. The lead single and title track recently went to #1 on the Country chart, while followup single “That’s My Kind Of Night” is already making some big moves on the radio. It will likely become Bryan’s second #1 album this year after the compilation Spring Break… Here To Party spent a week there in March. (iTunes)
- Their first album in 2009 was Losing Sleep. Now, they’re living in the Overnight. They are Parachute, and their third full-length release features the current Hot AC hit “Can’t Help”. (iTunes)
- Legendary Country singer Glen Campbell is back with See You There, featuring fresh updates to some of his biggest hits. It’s his first album for the independent Surfdog Records since 2011’s Ghost On The Canvas. (iTunes)
- Florida singer-songwriter Matt Hires is out with his latest album, This World Won’t Last Forever, But Tonight We Can Pretend. It features the recent single “Restless Heart”. (iTunes)
- Other albums out this week include the late Johnny Cash‘s Unheard (Live) (iTunes), K. Michelle‘s Rebellious Soul (iTunes), Pushin’ Against A Stone by Valerie June (iTunes) and the self-titled album by Wild Feathers (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Applause”, a week early but still dancing up a storm for pop star Lady Gaga. You can also pre-order her album, ARTPOP. (iTunes)
- “Roar”, the leadoff single from Katy Perry‘s forthcoming album Prism. (iTunes)
- “You Hear A Song”, a new digital single from The Voice winner Cassadee Pope. (iTunes)
Next week, can John Mayer‘s Paradise Valley find paradise at the top of the album chart, or will Jimmy Buffett‘s Songs From St. Elsewhere own the coveted spot? Find out with a preview in seven!