Need some rock without the jingle bells? Let me try and help. Here’s your roundup of some of the new music releases for this week, in stores on December 11.
- Unorthodox Jukebox, the second studio album from Bruno Mars, hits stores today, featuring the smash “Locked Out Of Heaven”. “Young Girls”, released to digital outlets several weeks ago, is set to be the second radio single. Look for it to enter in the top 5 on the album chart.
- Rapper The Game releases Jesus Piece, his fifth album, of which three have debuted at #1 on the album chart thus far. It’s currently #1 on iTunes, but it likely won’t debut near the top. However, a top 10 entry is possible.
- Green Day release the third album in their 2012 trilogy, ¡Tré! However, their promotion vehicle is still stuck in park, so expect this one to be in the lower top ten or even miss it altogether.
- Light rockers Lifehouse release their followup LP to Smoke & Mirrors called Almería. First single “Between The Raindrops”, featuring Natasha Bedingfield, is top 30 at Hot AC radio. Physical stock is a little low on this one, and there’s no first week sale price for it, so expect this one in perhaps the top 30.
- The third Christmas album from the Glee franchise features their takes on standards like “White Christmas” and “The First Noel”, as well as a rendition of “Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah”. Look for it to enter somewhere in the top 40; doesn’t look like this one will be as big as the first two, and considering how low the ratings have dropped this season, it’s understandble.
- If you’re a fan of the television show Nashville, some of the songs featured on various episodes are on a compilation entitled The Music Of Nashville: Season 1, Volume 1. Star Hayden Panettiere sings the first single from it, “Telescope”, already top 40 at Country radio.
- One half of the duo OutKast, Big Boi, releases a solo album this week, Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors.
- Boston-based band Boys Like Girls release their new full-length studio album, Crazy World. Lead single “Be Your Everything” just missed the top 40 in CHR airplay.
- For you movie buffs, the soundtracks to On The Road, The Hobbit, and This Is 40 are all out this week.
Other assorted music DVDs and books out this week include:
- Quebec Magnetic, Metallica‘s latest live performance DVD, which was filmed three years ago.
- Beck‘s Song Reader, which is a sheet-music album.
- A paperback version of Josiah Howard’s biography of singer Cher, named after her 1999 hit Strong Enough.
Lastly, the new digital-only singles that you can buy this week:
- A virtual duet between Bing Crosby and Michael Bublé, “White Christmas”, which has already garnered a lot of adult contemporary airplay.
- “Mary And Joseph”, a Christmas tune from Country superstar Tim McGraw.
- “Boyfriend” by new Country singer RaeLynn, formerly from the television show, The Voice.
- “C’mon Let Me Ride” by singer-songwriter Skylar Grey and featuring Eminem.
Enjoy all the new music out this week!